Need a Lift?
People fly CSS sites seven days a week, weather permitting, so it is usually very easy to get a ride up the hill with your fellow pilots. Several options are available – from AJX to most CSS launches.
While not operated by the club, some CSS members have teamed up to offer rides for hang gliders and paragliders. For a $15 donation, the vans will take pilots to both Crestline and Marshall. While walk-ons are welcome, it is best to make a reservation because the vans often fill to capacity – especially on the weekend. The vans provide rides to pilots only.
Reservations can be made here. Pilots need to register before making their first reservation, and must meet the following criteria:
- USHPA member with H3/P3 rating or H2/P2 rating with waiver
- CSS member or purchase a limited membership
Some CSS instructors and club members individually offer rides as well. Make sure to contact them beforehand to confirm their availability.
- Marcello DeBarros of Atmosphere Paragliding: Website (not available during the winter season).
- Darren Dix: 909.265.2792.
- Gene Embree: 909.260.0131.
- CSS Members: Check out our Rides Forum for other CSS members looking for ridesharing and carpooling opportunities, or other kind souls offering rides up.