Regionals launch sits at approximately 3400′ MSL and is located on the Cloudland Truck Trail (2N40) north-northeast of AJX. There is ample room to set up and launch several paragliders and hang gliders and is an easy glide to AJX.
Pilots must familiarize themselves with this information before arriving, and this information DOES NOT replace the need for an in-person site briefing from a local pilot or instructor familiar with the area.
Visiting Pilots: All launches and LZs require a P3/H3 rating or above. Visitors NOT meeting P3/H3 requirements must schedule instruction or observation with a local instructor before arriving.
- Minimum ratings: Intermediate (P3/H3). Read the General Site Guidelines for exceptions.
- GPS Coordinates: 34.2095, -117.3200. View Map.
- Type: Slope Launch.
- Altitude: 3391′ MSL.
- Orientation: S, SSE.
- Best conditions: Light SSE winds (0-10 mph for PG, 0-15 for HG).
- Glide ratio to AJX: 3.5:1.
- Vehicle access: Dirt road (2WD vehicles with moderate clearance OK).
Last Revised: December 8, 2020