The 75′ high training hill sits at the NE corner of AJX. Training flights can also be taken from the SW corner of the LZ (landing in the AJX overshoot area – see the site layout diagram in the Andy Jackson Airpark Site Guidelines for more information).
Pilots must familiarize themselves with this information before arriving, and this information DOES NOT replace the need for an in-person site briefing from a local pilot or instructor familiar with the area.
- Minimum ratings: Beginner (P1/H1). Read the General Site Guidelines for exceptions.
- GPS Coordinates: 34.1949, -117.3214 (NE end of the Andy Jackson LZ).
- Type: Shallow slope launch.
- Altitude: 1777′ MSL.
- Orientation: SW.
- Vehicle access: None (park at AJX and walk).
Last Revised: December 8, 2020
- Site Frequency: 145.555
- Other Frequencies: Read more here
- Emergencies: Follow the instructions and information available in the CSS Emergency Action Plan.