October 26, 2020 at 4:29 PM #10547
It’s been quite a year. Sigh.
A few thoughts:
- I am no expert in this area, so take this with a grain of salt
- Deliberately detachable roof seems like a bad idea due to safety and liability
- Criag’s idea of a flap seems interesting, but I suspect we’d have a hard time getting that for a decent price
- As a landlord, I can say that wooden posts often do rot near the bottom, especially when they get wet (sprinklers, anyone?) – and you cannot always tell at a glance
- Maybe a rebar-concrete roof so it won’t blow away? Maybe that’s too much money, maybe that’s overkill, maybe it would be too heavy – It is just a thought.
Thanks to all who are contributing – I’ll be doing so myself shortly after I discuss amount with my wife