Tagged: varios gadgets
January 21, 2020 at 1:39 PM #7090David WebbGeneral Member
I’ve had the XC Tracer II Mini with GPS for almost a year now, and have been very happy with it. Great build quality, good volume, instant response to lift, and good bluetooth integration with Flyskyhy.
I got an email from them recently that they have a new one coming out with a B&W LCD screen called the Maxx. Here’s their page on it:
I also sent them some questions, and below is their response:
- I assume the vario has the same fast response as the Mini? Yes
- Is the screen a touch screen, or are the screens set up by connecting to a computer? If it’s not a touch screen, can multiple screens be used in-flight (and if so, how do you switch between them)? With the red button. We are also working on a remote control so that you can switch screens without releasing the brakes
- I see that the screen is B&W LCD – does that mean that it has a fast response? I like the look of many of the e-ink displays, but I hear that they are very slow to refresh (which I don’t want). Yes, the LCD has a fast response and no ghosting. Actually we have 10Hz refresh rate.
- Can different measurement units be used (metric, imperial, etc)? No, might be implemented later
- Does it auto start and stop (on launch and landing)? Yes
- Does it have a tether attached (the Mini has a red tether attached, which is great as a backup attachment)? Yes
- Will it show airspace information? I’d love to see some of the gauges and screens that are available. Yes, but this is not yet implemented, we are working on that.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.