Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I asked that question because … …
I don’t have a storage bin !! LOL
Bille
Will the BBQ be catered ; the last pro-cooks were awesome !!
Looking forward to seeing everyone …
Bille
I wonder why ?
When I first started flying Elsinore in 1977 ; we were landing on the North side of Hy-74 , and that one got shut down ; the 80’s is when the after-flying party got moved to the Oak tree. Gonna miss that tree ; never gonna forget it though !!
Bille
**
**
Dan wrote :
For want of a preflight, the life was lost.
Id like to drive home ; what Dan said .
In the mid 80’s , I borrowed a Hang glider to go flying, moments before , I’d just given my reserve to a woman to repack . The owner of the glider said he just landed ; the machine was Fine . YEA — I should not have believed him ; the side wire was twisted in the never-kink , and the tang sawed through the SS wire at near 450 AGL. I did a plummet ; I died , and got CPR’d back to life. Trust what Dan said ; being Dead , it ain’t no Fun !!
Bille

Perhaps the new station would be less vulnerable to gun-fire ; if it was in a more inaccessible place like Cloud ? Put it back where it was ; it’s just gonna get shot at again !
Bille
The WW , S2 , 155 was my favorite Rag-wing of all time to fly ; it turns like on power steering and centered up in a thermal as easy as a Falcon. If I go back to Rags , from flying Rigids ; that is the glider I would get.
Bille
Jonathan Dietch
Anyhow, we are probably at far more risk from other free flight pilots!An turning opposite directions ? I wonder who was in the thermal first ?
A large percentage of both PG and HG pilots , who fly at CSS , have no clue about, “thermal etiquette” ; (first guy in determines the circling direction for everyone who enters the thermal after him). So knowing that ; just assume that other guy doesn’t even see you , and ya might live a bit longer … DANG I’ve bailed on a lot of thermals in the past , to go find another one ; because I didn’t like the other pilots , (it’s MY right-of-way) flying attitude, and I’ve never had a midair because of it.
Bille

@ Tom
That Goat suggestion , came together Fast ! Can you consider staying on as safety officer for CSS now ? Your a Great guy, and CSS kinda needs you …
Bille
@ Tom
Do you know Floyd , (he builds and fly’s the Goat) ? Ask him to borrow one for a while ; then you could continue to fly and be the safety director. I’m certain members would help you put it together, and dissemble it for each flight.
Bille
@ Jim
It’s only about a 6-hour drive , from the Bay area, to CSS ; this would make a perfect reason for you to come visit our wonderful club , and the soaring is probably better here, than where your at , (this time of season) !!!
Bille
@ Jana :
Yes — I did not read your full post ; before reacting . Sorry !!
Bille
Jana said :
We are extremely grateful to Bob for helping us out! I was told he’s a fan of Coors Light, if any of you would like to thank him personally. 😉
I had mentioned about that being a good idea ; last month.
Bille
-
AuthorPosts