Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
With such a nice shade structure planned, I wonder…
1) Are we keeping the same container? If yes, after reading its historical info from Rob, will we refresh its support base which may be compromised?
2) Once built, does the new shade structure allow for future removal/replacement of the container?
Thanks and good flights.
It was great to see many pilots in the air late afternoon. I got my PG fix with 3 hr 10 min and up to 6100′. After launching from Marshall around 4:25pm I struggled to get a comfortable altitude for gliding back to Crestline, and settled with 5700′, but only 200′ was lost during the transition.
Buoyant indeed.
May 28, 2021 at 11:34 AM in reply to: Join us May 29th, 2021 for our CSS Member Appreciation Party! #12738Looking forward to it after landing at sunset, and my wife will join.
Wasn’t my top pick, but in a few years and looking back at this choice, will probably be happy to see a structure that makes the club look classy.
I hear that a similar process happened at Kagel/Sylmar and most are now happy with getting something durable that also looks nice, which sends a message to the community that its members are well-invested in the activity.
The forecasted conditions are just about ideal for this late afternoon (Wednesday May 26) at Soboba, also looking good for Thursday and Friday at this time.
I plan to be there today at 3:30pm, hiking up for the exercise, but shuttle rides are available.
Fly now, believe me later.
May 26 evening update: It was good, 2 h 45 min, up to 4600′.
Can we make Rob’s above proposal option #8, I would likely vote for that, and keep most of the club funds for other projects.
Since there would be 2 significant new options, could a fresh vote for all members be made for the 8 options?
Thank you, and happy voting.
Heard from Stan that the tractor is down, so no widespread fertilizing expected to happen Sunday morning.
David, thank you for all the work you have put into developing the club’s website. It is appreciated, and I respect your choice to retire from its maintenance.
Enjoy flying and thinking happy thoughts.
Thank you for explaining that Jai Pal. I voted, but also sharing my preference here…
I voted #1, preferring all steel: No wood to rot, concrete walls/columns to crack, or fabric to fray. Steel can rust/corrode, but lasts longer when protected by paint or has rust inhibitors (galvanized).
Likely any project is too late for shade in the next couple months, so may as well pick the best long-term solution and be cost effective. Also, the flat/sloped roof will lend itself well to solar panels if we desire that.Happy voting, may your favorite be the winner.
April 24, 2021 at 10:44 AM in reply to: Soboba 2021/4/23 – The Worst of Times – The Best of Times #12109He may look cute to us, but he is a gopher’s nightmare. Picture from Stan…

This is interesting. Will the “Whack” launch be appropriate for both HG and PG ?
Awesome, thanks for showing the day’s potential Reavis.
You seemed to have some good upwind ground speed.
Thank you, it is heartwarming!
Picture of the trophy I received last week, and this is the relevant article.
Thank you David, definite improvements being made. My suggestions…

Well deserved ! Thank you David.
-
AuthorPosts